About the project
The micro nebulization system is a novel finishing system for garments like jeans, t-shirts, shirts, etc. Possibilities for finishing are wide: softening, dyeing, functional effects.
The nebulization process converts air in nanobubbles, which transport the [water + functional product] mixture, creating an homogeneous atmosphere.Nanobubbles surface get into the fibers, contacting them with the finishing products.
This equipment can be connected to a conventional washing machine/dryer Diameter of nanobubbles is smaller than 200 nm in order to increase its dilution in water and have a big contact surface. Important savings, not only in terms of chemicals, energy and water used, but also in terms of wastewater produced can be achieved.
- Softening process
- Composition: 100% cotton, PES, synthetic blends
- Treatment time: <25 min / 50 kg of charge
- Functionalization by microencapsulated substances attached to the nanobubbles
- Functions: repellency, antimicrobial, flame retardants, enzymes, anti-wrinkle, UV-protection, moisturizing… Application of fluorocarbon (C6). Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish.. Recommended composition: cotton and CO/PES mixtures. Treatment time: <40 min / 50 kg of charge
- Liquor ratio 1:0,8
- Dyeing: Conventional, Overdye, Tie dye
The technology is available at the co-creation space in Valencia.